Many people around the country like the idea of helping other people but are not sure how they can go about doing it. Some people can donate money, which is always needed by non-profits. Others can donate their time and they volunteer for organizations. There are a lot of people who do not have the time to volunteer or the money to give but these people can do a lot to help other people as well. By arranging a clothing donations pick up, you can see that your used, but not needed, clothing items go towards helping families in need. Here are some ways your clothing donations can help others.
- You help the non profit pay for its programs. Many non-profit organizations have thrift shops in their sites. These thrift stores sell the clothing and household items they receive. When you schedule clothing donations pick ups, you add to their inventory and help them bring in the money they they need to run their programs that are so important to the community. Many of these organizations exist to provide social services to people in the community who need it.
- You help people who cannot afford clothes any other way. Many low income people go to the thrift stores that are run by the non-profits to buy clothing for themselves and their families. For many families, these stores offer the only spaces that are viable options for these people to get the clothing they need for their families. When you schedule clothing donations pick ups can go a long way to making sure low income families have what they need for their family.
- You help disaster victims. The United States has some of the most volatile weather on the planet. As as consequence, there are natural disasters all over the country that leave people with nothing but the clothing they were wearing when they escaped some disaster or another. From fires and floods to tornadoes and earthquakes, people often have to leave their homes. When people lose everything, they need to rebuild. The items that are received through clothing donations pick ups can go a long way towards helping these disaster victims rebuild their lives.
- You inspire others. People are very much influenced by the actions people see all around them. Good deeds inspire others to do good things as well. Whether you schedule a clothing donations pick up or you gather your items to make charitable clothing donations, people will see what you are doing and they will be inspired to take similar steps to help others in need. One good deed can be replicated and amplified many times other. This is one real benefit to making charitable donations that is often overlooked.
- By making clothing donations, you reduce global warming. Most clothes items are made from organic source materials. Under normal circumstances, these items would decompose. The problem is that when clothing is put in a landfill, it does not have access to the oxygen it needs to properly decompose. Improper decomposition of clothing means that it will do so through anaerobic digestion. This produces more greenhouse gases. Environmental experts say that for every 100 million pounds of clothing that is not sent to landfills but is donated, can have results that are similar to taking between 26,000 and 35,000 motor vehicles off of the road.
- By donating clothing, it will not end up in a landfill. Landfills are expensive real estate. As they fill up, part of the problem is the clothing we are sending. It has been estimated that Americans send approximately 10.5 million tons of used clothing and textiles to landfills every year. Only 15% of used clothing is recycled. This is unfortunate. When you schedule clothing donations pick ups, your used clothing can help others. When you throw it away, it ends up in a landfill where it can only contribute to global warming and be of no real use to anyone.
Americans are very generous people. At least 94.5% of people in the United States give, in one way or another to charity every year. These donations of time, money and items make a big difference in helping people who need help, strengthening our communities and making people feel better about themselves.andnbsp;