It is no secret t shirts are popular around the planet.It has been estimated that about two billion of shirts are sold around the globe every year. Many people in the United States have multiple t shirts in their closets. Approximately 62% of people around the country say they have more than ten of the shirts in their wardrobe. That translates to about 1.5 billion t shirts. The popularity of the shirts is the main reasons many organizations turn to t shirts for fundraising. If you are considering using t shirts to raise money for your cause or club, here are some ways to make the most of your fundraising efforts.
- Sell your custom t-shirts a the game. If you are selling your t shirts for fundraising to support a sports team, you will have no better audience than the people who go to the game. You can take your custom spirit wear shirts to the games that the team plays but you can also go to other sports events to sell the shirts. If you are selling shirts to support a local little league team, you can sell your shirts in the parking lot outside a professional baseball game. Walk around the stadium during the game to sell your shirts. Make sure you check with the facility to see what they allow at the games. The best part of this tactic is that you know the people you are selling to are sports fans.
- Use websites to market and promote your t-shirts. There are a lot of websites out there that are set up for the marketing of t shirts for fundraising. These can be easy to use and offer you the chance to sell your custom apparel without putting any money down. The way it works is simple. You go to the site, design your shirt and when you have sold 50, the t-shirt company will manufacture and ship your t-shirts. These sites allow organizations to reach hundreds, if not thousands, of people within a matter of a few minutes. You can share the web link to your t shirts for fundraising with all of your social media networks and with your friends and family.
- Host a raffle and give away your t-shirts as a prize. When it comes to raffles, few things make better prizes than the t shirts for fundraisers. Using raffles to raise money this way is a good idea for a number of reasons. In the first place, you do not have to make up many of the shirts to do this. The second great thing is that when people are wearing your t shirts, they are doing some marketing for you. If you have a great t shirt design, other people may see the shirts being worn around town and want to get one of their own. If you are raising money for a cause, you can help raise awareness of the cause through the wearing of your custom t-shirts.
- Support your “team” with your t shirts for fundraising. Your “team” does not have to just refer to a sports team. This can be any group of people who are working on a goal. It can be your math team. It can be your team of friends who has gotten together to support the local food bank or animal shelter. Your t shirts can build excitement about an event, a festival or can be used to raise awareness about a cause that you care about. T shirts are great for raising funds for a charity or cause but can also help spread the word. You can use the internet to sell more shirts and make more people aware of the cause or group that you are promoting.
- Pick a message that is already popular. You should not steal another group’s message but you can piggyback on a trend or fad. Over the past few years, the saying “Keep Calm and Carry On” has been coopted into a number of variants. The “Keep Calm” message can be followed with just about anything.
T shirts for fundraising can be great for a number of reasons and are fun to make and to sell.