Looking your best is always a goal. If you are someone who wears glasses, you might especially be into the latest fashion frames that are available. And while the most stylish frames for sunglasses may be your goal, it is also important to make sure that you have the most accurate and specifically created lenses.
From sunglasses for boating to indestructible frames for young athletes, there are plenty of frames for sunglasses and glasses that will keep you looking your best while giving your eyes the best protection and correction.
Affordable Prescription Sunglasses Continues to Grow in Popularity
As more and more affordable options for ordering online glasses become available it should come as no surprise that there are many people who find themselves ordering several pair of prescription glasses and sunglasses. From dressy to casual to sporty, there are a number of ways that your eye wear can reflect your personality. When you know that you can afford to have an academic pair of regular prescription frames as well as a brightly colored pair of fashion frames for weekends out with friends it only makes sense that you would take advantage of the options that are offered by online companies. When you find out that some of these options are covered by your insurance or can be paid for with your Health Savings Account, these varied options are even more attractive.
Consider some of these facts and figures about the growing popularity of polarized sunglasses and other vision options that play an important role in the nation’s economy:
- 75% of U.S. adults wear prescription or plano, those that are fitted with non-prescription lenses, but are not used for vision correction, sunglasses.
- An American loses, breaks, or sits on a pair of sunglasses every 14 minutes.
- 95.9 million units of plano sunglasses were sold in the U.S. in 2012.
- Only 4.7 million of those plano sunglasses sold in 212 were sold by online entities.
- By definition, general purpose cosmetic lenses must block 70% of UVB; general purpose must block 95% of UVB; and most UVA light. Special purpose must block 99% of UVB.
Summer may seem like a long ways off, but it is never too early to plan for the sunglasses that will be a constant part of your hot weather month activities.