6 Natural Ways to Get Rid of Sun Spots
Most of us would like to have younger looking skin. This is the reason so many of us try things ranging from chemical peels to Botox to injectables and fillers to turn back the hands of time. Many of us also have spent too much time in the sun without sunscreen. In addition to causing fine lines and wrinkles, this practice causes lentigos or sun spots. The good news about lentigos is that there are things we can do to get rid of them naturally.
- Try lemon juice. Lemon juice is very good for your skin. The vitamin C can works wonders for a the skin. One of the many things that it can do is lighten dark spots. They make the lentigos lighten to look more like they used to and more like the skin that is around them. What you need to do is take the juice from half of one lemon. Apply the lemon juice directly on the lentigos. Let this sit for between 10 and 15 minutes. Try this once a day until you see the improvement that you are looking for.
- Try Green Tea. Green Tea has been listed as a remedy for a host of problems and issues. Of course, people love to drink it because it is delicious but what you might not realize is the fact that your skin thinks it is delicious as well. The antioxidants in the Green Tea can be useful to get rid of toxins in your skin. To get rid of lentigos, take a cup of boiling water and add a Green Tea bag. Let the tea seep for about 10 minutes. Take out the tea bag and dab it with a cotton ball. Take the cotton ball and put that on the lentigos. Try this once a day until you get the results you want. Drink the tea for other health benefits. (You do not have to do that if you do not want to.)
- Try buttermilk. Buttermilk is often used in baking and other cooking because of the creamy texture that gets transferred to the food. It also had compounds in it that are good for the skin. The lactic acid in the buttermilk can work wonders on the skin. It is an exfoliant that helps remove dead skin cells. This will bring to the surface new skin. It is also a great moisturizer. Take a cotton ball and saturate it with buttermilk. Place on the lentigos. Let sit for a few minues. Wash with warm water. Repeat daily until you have the results you want.
- Try vitamin E. Vitamin E is a wonder “drug” of sorts for your skin. If you have a wound that you do not want to scar (once it has gotten to a certain point of healing) or a scar already, you can use this on the area. It can also help get rid of bruises. It is also great for your hair. In terms of lentigos, it can be very effective. Take a vitamin E capsule and open it up. Put the contents of the capsule on the lentigos. Rub into the skin. Cover with a band aid or other bandage. Let this sit overnight. Repeat this every night until you see the results you want.
- Try castor oil. There are a lot of things that you can do with castor oil. Many people use this as a home remedy for gastroenterological (stomach) problems. There are a few skin problems that can be helped with castor oil and lentigos are one of them. Soak a cotton ball in the castor oil. Place this on the lentigos. Let sit for several hours or overnight. Repeat every day until you get the results you want.
- Try red onion. Red onions are delicious but they can also help with lentigos. The acidity of the onion is what does the trick. Take a red onion and cut it in half. Take one part of the onion and put it on the lentigos. Rub your skin with the onion. Let the juice remain there for a few hours. Again, do this every day until you get the results you want.
If you work at it, you should be able to lose the lentigos.